Welcome to SAU 83
Summer is here again and despite what appearances are, things are buzzing inside the wall's of Ellis School. Here are some of the things happening this summer at Ellis.
1. K-4 Teachers are receiving two days of training in My Math so that the new school year will begin with the new math program that was chosen from the pilot this past spring. (Grade 5 - 8 teachers are receiving four days of training along with Sanborn teachers, at Sanborn Regional High School, in math in an effort to further align their curricula and increase teaching skills.)
2. The SAU is relocating from its present location at 5 Hall Road into the school in an effort to save funds.
3. Rooms are emptied, floors stripped and waxed, some rooms are fully painted and others will be touched up, and that is only the beginning of the cleaning that will go on over the summer.
4. All technology is upgraded and cleaned. Any new purchases are set up for the fall, ready to run.
5. The library inventory is being reviewed, reordered and refined.
6. The new STEM curriculum is being worked on for grades 5 and 6.
7. And a new principal and assistant principal begin working July 1st.
8. Lastly, in August....Ellis School will be moving to a single day school schedule for the first time in over 15 years.
Summer is never quiet in a school system! We just let people think so....
Enjoy your summer!
School Year Hours
Monday through Friday
8:30am to 1:30pm
Tuesday through Thursday
9am to 1:30pm