SAU 83 is continuing its work on the future high school project. The current tuition agreement with SAU 17 to provide educational service to our ninth through twelfth grade students concludes June 30, 2026.
The Fremont School Board has the responsibility and obligation to seek out, explore, and secure the best educational settings and financial arrangements for the next generation of Fremont high school students.
We are grateful for the work that has been completed by the various search committees.
A High School Search Committee was first formed in November of 2019. The committee was made up of 12 members consisting of parents, non-parent community members, board members and administration. Through March of 2021 the following work was accomplished:
- Survey of community to identify the most important factors in selecting a high school
- Outreach to 6 area high schools to determine interest
- Site visits to 6 schools
- Research on each of the 6 high schools to learn more about each
- Narrowing the possible sites to 3 (based on data gathered)
- Coordination of presentations to the school board (also shown FCTV)
- Voter survey to determine interest in each of the 3 high schools
During the 2021-2022 school year a smaller High School Search Committee was established consisting of board members, parents, and administration. The role of this committee was to review the previous work and to assist in drafting a Request of Proposals document that would be sent to the three participating schools.
It is the current school board’s intent to have a proposed Tuition Agreement on the March 2024 ballot. An approximate timeline for the next phase of this work is as follows:
- A Request for Proposals (RFP) disseminated January 5 of 2023.
- Completed proposals due to the SAU 83 office March 30, 2023
- Evaluation of Proposals
- Negotiation of Tuition Agreement
- Presentation of proposed Tuition Agreement at 2024 Deliberative Session
- School District Vote on Proposed Tuition Agreement March 2024